Saturday, October 18, 2014

Gym scheduling

Lil came into my room the other day and said "Mama, you really need to get back into going to the gym everyday."

I go to the gym 5 days at least every week. I take a couple classes, sometimes just do 30 minutes on the elliptical, but I feel like a failure if I don't shower at the gym.

When I started going to the gym in the fall of 2009, the amount of energy I felt was amazing. I was able to fight off colds better and I really felt the physics maxim of energy breeds energy.

I walked more than 3 miles in a couple hours today on the campaign trail. My jeans don't need to be unfastened to take them off.

But I still look at my body and wonder how to slim it down. I could give up pizza, wine, my beloved Slurpees...but I know that denying myself everything would make me really grumpy.

Where's the fine line?


No comments: