Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Nalley Fresh Party

Wow, last night's party at Nalley Fresh in Columbia was happening! There were a ton of people. Political people, entrepreneurs and bloggers (which overlap!) gathered to dine on yummy food, listen to good music and chat. If you wanted to be be seen, that was the place to be.

Thank you to Jessie Newburn and Greg Nalley for hosting us. Of course, I broke one of my rules - having caffeine after 5 PM. That was not good for sleeping last night. But it gave me a chance to reflect on how much my life has changed since my first blog party at Second Chance long, long ago in 2012.

I'll always remember being slightly nervous when I walked in - that I didn't know anybody. But I did, right off the bat - a fellow Running Brook parent, Bill Santos. He introduced me to everyone & I had a blast. Without the blogging community, I would not have met Julia McCready, who is so supportive of me. I would not have met Tom Coale and worked on his campaign. Without it, I would not have met Claire McGill and my British friends that will provide lodging (hint, hint) in a couple of years on my next trip to Blighty. (Speaking of which, I now have a friend that knows Sharon Kay Penman and is also a Brit history buff.) I would never have met Dennis and I am glad that I met him before he was taken from us.

My life is so much richer and I have learned so much and made so many friends. If last night was your first HoCo Blogs party, make sure it's not your last! I look forward to seeing you again.

No comments: