Saturday, December 20, 2014

Three funerals - can I get a wedding?

Today was the third memorial service is 10 weeks or so for me. The first one was not unexpected - pancreatic cancer. The second rather surprising - my grandmother was in great health despite vascular dementia. Today's was very surprising - a stroke possibly caused by a terrible heart infection that ended in a car accident.

I convinced Lil to come with me today - she had no ballet rehearsal and Luke was working. I needed someone to be there for me and with me. Someone to talk through the emotions. Someone to keep me in the here & now.

Someone to remind me that there is life & laughter when I feel overwhelmed with sadness.

People often keep their kids away from funerals. I believe children should be present in the celebration of life.

No comments: